Workaround for using your CreditCard for purchasing Apps from Windows Phone Marketplace using IDswitch [ Homebrew ]
Users have had trouble in the past while trying to add their local creditcard to their windows phone primary live id account, when the primary account they use is a US based account ( and they are not from the US ) and if they happen to use this account as their primary acoount on windows phone. Now it would be a lot easier on everyone if Microsoft allows users to switch the region on their account, sadly this is something Microsoft has been reluctant to do. The folks at xda-dev does not usually take no for an answer and some of them has come up with a work around to get past this issue.
NOTE : I have not used this myself coz I hear the folks at Microsoft are always ready with the BanHammer when it comes to messing around with xbox live services. You have been warned. But if you want to head down this road jump past the break for the full step by step instruction
1. Get yourself a new hotmail account, in your own country.
2. Associate a new zune and xbox ID with the new account.
2. Add your CC to this new account from here
- Sideload IDswitch to your phone from here ( needs an unlocked device , you might want to use Windows Phone Root Tools to give the app Trusted status )
- Change the Primary Live ID to the new hotmail account you created
- Reboot phone
- Go the marketplace and buy Apps and Games you want ** DO NOT ** run the apps or games just yet
- Run IDswitch again and switch back to your old Primary Live ID
- Reboot phone
- Run those Apps and Games now
When you switch over to the new hotmail id , services like twitter , skydrive , etc will stop to work but when you revert back to the old Primary Live ID, users have reported that they seem to work again.
If any of you brave souls go down this road let us know how it goes.