Another WindowsPhone advert, now with added avatar.
Microsoft have bought out a new advert, in their on-going effort to promote WindowsPhone7. Here are several things I like about this it:
- It shows a real feature; displaying your 3D avatar in the X-Box Live Extras app.
- It shows a real WP7 game, Need for Speed : undercover.
- It includes some humour thanks to a life-size avatar doing his “sexy dance”.
- It moves away from the ‘glance n’ go’ style they had been working with, which might give the wrong impression about WP7 & shows that its actually a fun platform.
- Then there is the line “You’re an avatar dan.” Which I think Ill be quoting to many of my friends who haven’t a clue what I’m on about.
The last thing I really like is that they have made a model of the phone they use in all of their advertising, now who else out there would join me in saying they would be more than happy with a phone like that? Its THE windows phone; simple, elegant & sexy.
If you haven’t seen it yet, you can watch the advert here:
So, what do you all think of this new offering from Microsoft’s marketing department?
Let us know what you’re thinking by putting a comment below!