Turn your Wordpress Blog in to a Windows Phone App
Windows Phone Starter Kit for WordPress is a plugin that you install on wordpress that will allow you to offer your site’s content via a Windows Phone App. The application is developed by Chris Koenig and is an open-source initiative. The features of the WP7 app inclide the ability to view posts, view comments associated to the posts, and add their own comments.
The code sample contain 2 elements : a WordPress Plugin ( which you have to install via wordpress, will probably only work will self hosted wordpress installations )and the source code for a windows phone application Starter Kit ( which you can customise to your site’s needs )
To customize the Starter Kit, perform the following actions:
- Open the MainPage.xaml.cs file in Visual Studio
- Update the siteURL parameter to the location of your WordPress blog
To install the WordPress Plugin
- Log into your WordPress blog using an account that has administrative access
- Click on the “Plugins” link from the navigation bar on the Dashboard
- Click on the “Add New” button on the Plugins page
- Select the “Upload” link from those choices presented on the Plugins page
- Click the browse button and navigate to the location of the WPSKPlugin.zip (usually <project folder>\WordPressPlugin\WPSKPlugin.zip
- Click the “Install Now” button to perform the upload.
via : @gcaughey