Ultimate tiletool concept app for Windows Phone
It starts with the tile. Live tiles are the heart and soul of the Windows phone. It’s a simple and elegant thing, but so powerful.
You now what is the Windows Phone moto – “Put people first” and this concept will be about people – about us and making our own tiles.
In quite a few of my previous concepts may notice a customized Live Tiles, such as not applicable in real applications. But now we have Windows Phone 8 – developed, better and much closer to Windows 8 than we can imagine. I hope so not only to dream but to see more interactive live tiles, with more options for customization and actions with them.
The current concept will be application for creating, customizing and editing your own live tiles, including standard features such as a simple shortcut plus interactive, live and renewed tiles and a combination between them. The application will be of the “Step by step” type, and creating your own tile will pass through certain stages.
The application will have the following options:
- three sizes live tiles – small, large and extend
- use of accent color (regardless of phone’s default), or an image from Gallery for background
- insert shortcuts to any program or settings from the phone
- create live tiles for programs without ones (like for example our application – 1800pocketPC)
- insert interactive controls, such as watches, world clocks, chronometers, timers, calendar, etc…
- notification center
- interactive brightness slider
- quick switch options on/off for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, sound, screen rotation, power saving, airplane mode, toggle the notifications tab, NFC and other controls
- battery percentage – presenting your battery level in a simple way
- media players (controls for Music, Radio and other third party apps)
- website boxes – updated part of the web-site – especially useful for sites with sports scores, or other frequently updated information – with the possibility to determine the refresh interval
And here is example of several live tiles – small and large, simple and rich, useful and smart
Every custom tile is saved in the phone for further edit. You can see them all, edit them and share them to other Windows Phones. Connect Live, Google, Twitter or Facebook account for easy sync between your devices.
I hope you enjoy the concept and the ideas. Do you liked or no – please write in the comments below.
Tell Microsoft you want this on your Phone
Hey @Microsoft can we get this Ultimate TileTool on @WindowsPhone – Tweet This