Telerik still working on making writing sexy apps easier!
Telerik is a company who specialise in making special controls and useful extras for developers to use in their apps and programs.
One of their products is the RadControls for WindowsPhone, an ever growing list of controls and helpers to use in Windows Phone apps, making it easier to make sexy looking metro apps. Our own 1800PocketPC app uses them already!
Anyway, Telerik have just released a video showing off their new ‘metro design templates’ which look incredibly useful. It means developers (who might not be very designery) don’t have to spend ages working on the way their apps look and makes it easier to make apps look better. They also fit in well with the “Metro Developer Guidelines”.
As well as that, they are showing off some other new controls that they’ve come up with to make life easier! These include :
- Conversation view. Something that looks like the conversations in the messaging hub.
- Image Button. A button which contains an image, instead of text.
- HubTile. A control which mimics all varieties of live tile.
- PanAndZoom. Making it incredibly easy for developers to add pinch to zoom functionality in images, for example.
- A few bug fixes & features added to existing controls.
You can check them out here!
If you are a developer or company who make WindowsPhone apps, you should definitely check out Telerik’s Rad Controls. They may be a little pricey, but they are definitely worth it!