Today we will be taking a look at what is new in the new version of Mehdoh one of my favorite windows phone twitter client. The update as expected keeps all the thing you love from the initial version and adds a lot of great new features. I will start off with one of the best feature ( IMHO ) Tweet Streaming : gone are the days you have to manually click refresh when you have streaming enabled tweets automatically come up on the time-line as they are posted. You have to enable this via settings and you can ask the app to by-pass the auto screen timeout so it stays on and can act as a dedicated twitter screen, see my set up below :). Just make sure you have it pugged in because it is quite power hungry.
Mehdoh is a great twitter client but
Developed by dots & lines
Twitter experience for your digital Metro life. Simple, unique, and yet feature rich. Kitchen sink included!
All of Twitter on one screen. No need to tap many buttons to reach to desired timelines. Apart from your all day timelines, Lists, Saved Searches, Retweets, all accessible through a unique timeline called Quick Line.
Images right on the Timeline, if you choose to enable it! Get a full view of images without even leaving the Timeline.
Double tap on a tweet to start a quick reply without leaving the timeline that you’re skimming through. Access your profile right from the home screen and check out your stats and favorites without even going to a new screen.
Oh, and tiles! Compose Tile, pin this beautiful tile on your phone’s home screen and start tweeting in seconds without having to open the whole application. You can do the same with a Search Tile. Live tiles too! So you don’t miss any of your mentions or messages notifications. And if we add more tiles, we’ll be starting a flooring business.
We’ve got you covered in Multi Account support, Read Later, Image Upload, Custom URL shortening, Threaded Direct Messages and image & video Previews right in the app.
And, Push Notifications are coming soon, real soon!
I used to be a Rowi user but recently switched over to Mehdoh , a fancy new Twitter client packed with features. FYI I still think Rowi is a nice client as well but out of the two I now prefer Mehdoh. so what does Mehdoh stand for .. I have no clue , perhaps the dev can let us know ?
Mehdoh is a relatively new twitter client and takes advantage of many of the cool Mango features like multiple live tile , flipping live tile , etc . You can pin individual users, or the new tweet page on to the start screen so you can launch the app straight in to the tweet compose window. Here you can send a tweet to a new user and easily add location or an image ( I did not find an option to add a video from here , you can of course add a link to a youtube video after uploading it from a 3rd part app like Social Camera ), if you add @ and start typing in your contacts username it auto-completes that field and if you start a message with a ‘ D ‘ followed by a username you can send them a direct message. All the usual stuff like character count are all included.
We all know that twitter is coming to Windows Phone people hubs in 2011 , most likely with the Windows Phone 7 mango update but right now we need apps to keep tabs on whats happening in the Twitosphere and there are no shortage of Twitter apps on Windows Phone 7, today we see moTweets joining the party. Windows mobile users might be familiar with the app as a client is also available on Windows Mobile
Experience Twitter from your Windows Phone with moTweets, the Premiere Twitter App! With all of the features you would expect from a great Twitter application, plus so much more! Post to multiple accounts with ease. Use your Stream to view the timelines that you want to quickly access. Follow users near your location and view their tweets using the Map View. Easily view pictures that you or others have posted on the new Image Wall.
- Use up to six (6) Twitter accounts simultaneously
- Upload pictures using your device’s camera or from the photo album
- Add your location to your Twitter post using your phone’s GPS
- tinyurl.com, bit.ly, twitpic.com, and yfrog.com support
- View Trends, Lists and Conversations
- View user’s background in the user details screen
- Live Tile display your account image(s)
- Streams allow you to add and view multiple timelines including Search results and RSS feeds
- View tweets near your location and view them on a Bing map
- Image Wall displays all images from your timeline as well as ones you’ve uploaded
- Translate Tweets, Search Twitter topics, locations and users with ease
- ReTweet, Follow, Unfollow, Direct messages, RSS Feeds, Favorites and much more!
We are spoilt for choice when it comes to twitter apps, but once Twitter integration is added to the People Hub, lot of these apps will not be required, but till then we need twitter apps. If you don’t already have a twitter client here is a new one to consider. Features and Press release below
WP7 App Description
The TwittWp is a powerful twitter application for windows phone 7 devices. Its user inferface is customization and easy to use. It is specially designed for twitter users. We try to suit users’needs to get information fast. With the exception of the same features as all other Twitter apps, such as the timeline, direct massages, mentions, reply tweets, and post the tweets, it also includes many new cool features.
- Classic browse Mode: Browse the content of the tweets that includes Clickable @names, URLs, and #Hashtags
- Fast browse Mode: Quickly glance at your tweets in plain text
- Dialog browse Mode: Display the dialogs of the people you followed
- Retweet: Allows user to edit the content of the Retweet, support Retweet by SMS, Email
- Lists management: Add, edit, delete Lists. Allow users to choose which lists will be invisible/visible.
- The user interface of the lists and search sections are shown by ‘Metro’ mode. It allows users to swipe left or right to see different lists or searching results within one app.
- Nearby: Display the content of the tweet and location of the friends you followed on the map
- In the details of the timelines, provide the main drive route navigation that helps you to find the location of your friends easily
- Multi-account support
- User management: Follow/Unfollow user, View/edit the user profile
- Posting photos with TwitPic, yfrog, Flickr or TweetPhoto
- Searching tweets and users easily
- Viewing and adding geo-locations
- Themes: Three themes to choose from
- Automated Refresh: Allow users to set the time of automated refresh
- Text expression: Allow users to select various expression when editing your tweets
- Mark tweets as favorites
- Save your favorite searches
- Uploading photos service
- Twitter API proxy
Twitt is a new twitter app for Windows Phone 7, the app is developed by Sam Jarawan from MakeMeHappy the same guy behind Feed Reader 2.0. Twitt started off as a very basic twitter app and initially there were not many features that made it stand apart from the rest of the WP7 twitter clients , but with frequent updates and actually implementing the various features requested by users this new twitter app is fast becoming one of my favorite.
Birdsong is a new twitter client for WP7 that offers Threaded conversations , Integrated picture viewing and much more to WP7 users. I like the idea of a status bar that quickly gives an overview of the unread, Direct Messages and Tweets .. check out the press release below
WP7 App Description
Birdsong is the premium Twitter app for Windows Phone. Quick, integrated and powerful.
Configure your home screen timelines – add up to 5 timelines, in any order (including lists and search results).
High performance, infinite scrolling (no “load more” buttons).
Integrated picture viewing with all major picture sharing services (twitpic, yfrog, flickr, plixi and moby).
Threaded conversations for replies and direct messages.
Direct messages threaded and organized like an email inbox.
Intelligent local cache enabling offline viewing.
Map previews and Bing Maps integration for geo-tagged tweets.
Share photos with TwitPic integration.
Integrated web browser – no need to leave the application to follow links.
Status Bar – showing unread message counts for each timeline.
At-a-glance icons in your timeline let you see enhanced information for each tweet such as photos, location and conversations.
Explore your friends’ profiles, timelines and connections.
Fully integrated with your phone’s theme and accent color.
We have seen quite a few twitter apps and the good folks from mykindofphone.com have done a good job to cover most of them. Now GTRoberts have tipped us to another twitter client for WP7 that failed to show up …
Twozaic is a new twitter client for Windows Phone 7 ( Seesmic and Microsoft ) and according to the developer it will bring the full twitter experience and beyond. One stand out feature that caught my eye was that Twozaic has three viewing options: cloud view, histogram or traditional list view as seen in the picture above.
some of the features that Twozaic for Windows Phone 7 will bring include
- browsing tweets in multiple views
- user management
- list management
- direct messages
- posting photos
- searching tweets and users
- inline pictures from various image service yfrog, tweetphoto and twitpic
- Posting tweets with pictures from the camera or library to twitpic, tweetphoto or yfrog
- multiple account management
- add geo tag to tweets
Well there is no OS level Twitter integration for Windows Phone 7 but that does not mean there are going to be any shortage of WP7 twitter apps. Of the top of my head I can say there are at least 2 other twitter client ( Seesmic, Twitt ? that is even before the OS is released and these are the one we have see, there might be lots more under development ). I don’t think the version shown in this video is the final version coz you can clearly see some debug labels in some menu.
So what does this Twitter app offer ? The basic are all there like the tweets from the people you follow on the homescreen, mention ( any message with@your-username ), replies, character count for messages, ability to create lists, multiple account support, top tweets, trending topics, suggestions based on categories.
We loved the My RSS Reader WP7 App and during the video we could see that the app packed some really nice features and now the developer of the app Sam Jarawan have decided to rename the app to Feed Reader. He has also posted a few new screenshots for the newly named Feed Reader for Windows Phone 7.
When Twitter updated its authentication method to use OAuth many twitter clients became ineffective. According to the folks from twitter developers have known about our transition to OAuth since last December, so they’ve had time to update their apps but I am guessing since Windows Mobile development does not go on in full swing these days many of the client just weren’t updated but according to the developer of the open source windows mobile twitter client pocketwit has been updated to meet this requirement.
Features of Pocketwit :
- A unique user interface
- Works on VGA, QVGA and SmartPhone devices
- Support for multiple twitter and identi.ca accounts
- User groups to help manage your friends updates
- “Conversation View” shows a what this status was in reply to.
- Uses standard notifications to alert you of new friends statuses or replies
- Keeps an addressbook to easily add usernames to posts.
- URL shortening with is.gd
- Integration with shorttext.com for tweets longer than 140 characters
- Take photos and send to TwitPic, mobypicture, pikchur, twitgoo, or yfrog
- Preview images from those services without a browser.
- Integrated search.twitter.com
- Quote (re-tweet) or email a status
- Clickable @names, URLs, and #Hashtags
- Option to check for new version on startup
- Implemented OAuth for Twitter
After three & a half months of waiting, TouchTwit finally gets updated.
Its added a few new features, fixed some bugs & it even feels slightly quicker.
So whats changed? Read more to find out!
TouchTwit has been my personal favorite Twitter client for a very long time & I was very sad when a bug appeared which stopped it from even opening on my device. It has a chunky finger-friendly interface with quick flick scrolling & a feature for everything Twitter can do!
This new update fixes this and a couple of other bugs so its back to being brilliant.