What caused the problems of Windows Phone on a global scale – I often think that Windows Phone is supposed to have a bigger market share. The Microsoft’s platform is beautiful, fast and secure. There are a large number of OEM manufacturers and most popular applications has a WP version. Then what is the problem? The lack of unique application? The lack of a unique hardware? Crowded market? The limitations of the platform? Bad reputation? There is no clear answer to these questions.
If Microsoft wants users to abandon iOS or Android and to move to their platform, they have to offer an own unique proposal. Something that others can not. Although Windows Phone is an amazing operating system with an innovative and futuristic interface and amazing design, it offers nothing more than the products of Apple and Google.
Welcome to another year of Concepts – 2013 – It is a time of great innovation and technological advancement. I read all comments and take all good ideas from my latest post – Build your dream device running Windows Phone. Thanks for everyone – there were really good and bold ideas.
What is the conclusion – Microsoft needs to make the ultimate device – entirely different Windows Phone – not just the another smartphone. To break the habits we don’t need just a new platform – we need system between software and hardware – we need a complete product like Microsoft Surface.
Most of your ideas, including my own dreams are for really powerful and hi-end device – to run both Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT, to have USB and HDMI on the go (OTG through docking station) and big HD screen.
When connected to a monitor and a keyboard and mouse, using dock station, Surface Phone provides a real computer experience using Windows 8 RT and desktop apps. Do you really have a need for such a device? I think yes – the experience has shown that 2-in-1 devices are often successful, especially if they are made as complete product – quality, beautiful and with a purpose.
- Metal unibody design with chrome real metal detailing
- Large high definition display with curved edges
- 16 MP camera with PureView technology and wide-angle lenses
- Powerful productivity features
- entirely wireless phone with no ports for data connection and charging
- portable docking station with two USB devices, HDMI port and 3.5 mm jack
- Dimensions – 141 x 72 x 11 mm
- Weight – 189 g
- Display – IPS technology LCD capacitive touchscreen with curved edges, 16M colors
1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.1 inches
- three stereo speakers (two front and one back)
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh
- Memory – 128 GB storage + MicroSD, 4 GB RAM
- CPU – 2GHz Tegra 4 – 4-plus-1 cores
I hope so to enjoy the concept and the idea of this device. What do you think – please write in the comments below, or you can read all ideas for dream device here.