Rooting for Microsoft Surface...
The folks at LondonLovesBusiness came up with no less than 8 reasons why the Surface is going to be a smash hit!
This – despite the initial negative reviews streaming in. So what ARE the reasons?
1. After being criticized for its processing power, apparently there is a version 2 that is going to be launched in 3 months with the Intel i5 processor which will put it miles ahead of the competition
2. This is the only tablet that is seamlessly compatible with existing corporate networks – considering the huge install base of microsoft
3. It comes with a FULL office suite which means full document processing. All those geeky accountant types would love the excel implementation on these beauties
4. The surface has HUGE amounts of storage PLUS an SD card slot PLUS a USB slot which means storage is never going to be an issue here – EVER
5. It comes with a $99 keyboard plus a mouse can be used on the USB port. Now that’s a SERIOUS upgrade over the other tablets.
6. Support for multiple accounts on the same device. This is not possible currently on any other tablet.
7. Longish shape – when compared to the IPad, this will mean a better movie viewing experience that is naturally built on a 16:9 ratio.
8. The last one is based on an assumption that it will somehow be cool and contemporary to be a surface user. The fact that you are an early adopter, a content creator would naturally mean that to own the surface is now the same as owning an iPad was a few years back!! :)
What do you think are the things working for the Surface? Do you think it will succeed as a product? Let us know your views.