Instructions to install Windows Phone Mango RTM ( leaked 7720 build )
It looks like the RTM build of Windows Phone Mango , ( build 7720 for those of you who are keeping count of the build number, I know there are a few of you in here who does that if not we got ya covered on our Version history page ) is leaked out on xda-dev, we know this would happen but didn’t expect it to happen before the official release but with Microsoft releasing the RTM build to OEMs and certain devs the ROM as found it way on to xda-devs.
Here is a copy paste of the instruction , and as always I will wait and see if some issue will arise out of this hack before deciding to get it on my device. But if you do try it out give us a shout and let us know how it works out for ya.
My edit of the instruction file:
Caution: Do this at your own risk, no one is to blame if your update fails
-Phone with Nodo (7392), Mango 7661 (Beta) or Mango 7712 (Developer Beta)
-PC with at least 20 GB of free disk space on C: (Only needed if you want to backup your device)
-external hard drive or USB flash drive with up to 16 GB of free space (for the backup)
-1.5 – 2 hours available to flash from start, perhaps more if something go wrong, or if you accidentally make a mistake less if flashing from 7712
-Instructions might not work for you, perhaps you need to alter something? I’m sure you can figure something out ….and if you do, please post the sollution so others can benefit of you findings.
1. All contents must be extracted to a local disk, not a backup/external disk. I can recommend to put all contents of the extracted Mango folder directly to C:/ (If you got enough available space)
2. Install the zune beta client version 4.8.2134.0 (comes with the downloaded file)
3. If necessary (usualy is), run the flashing tool “updatewp” from the folder “update tool” install right version for your system, 32 or 64-bit
4. Connect Device via USB to the PC
5. Close Zune software if it opens when connecting
5a. —-If your device is allready using 7661 or 7712, go to Step 16
5b. You can also follow Ansars instructions on keeping Chevron unlock here
6. Open the “NoDoToRC” folder and run the file “ISV_Provisioning_Live.exe” with admin rights (right click on the file..)
7. The tool will now create a backup of the phone. This takes quite some time, depending on how much you have installed on your device.
8. The phone will reboot and are starting communication with a “special” update server. If necessary, enter PIN code if activated on your device
9. Please dont close the update tool until it say its finished.
10. In the directory “C: \ Users \ <user> \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Windows Mobile Update,”there should be the newly created backup folder with a cryptic name. Please feel free to copy the folder to a secure location (external hard disk, etc.) and keep safe!
Repeat to yourself many times: “Yes, I have copied my backup to a secure location”
11. Now start the Zune client (with your phone connected) and it will begin looking for updates.
12. Build 7403 will now be found found and installed.
13. After 7403 has finished updating, the update is moving seamless to 7712 – the public developer beta.
14. If everything is done properly: Congratulations, the phone is in now running build 7712
15. Close/exit Zune.
Now please pay attention:
16. Copy the “RCToRTM” folder to “c:\” and only there.
17. In the RCToRTM folder, locate the “ISVTo7720.bat” and run as admin /still right click on file…)
18. Several updates will be installed, and the phone might reboot a few times. If applicable, please enter the PIN code.
19. If everything went smoothly: Congratulations, the phone is now on RTM 7720
20. Show of your RTM to your friends..or w/e :-)
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE, IF YOU FAIL SOMEHOW..READ THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN
via WMPU and @victoroos
Want to install the Mango dev Beta 2 Instructions we got em too
Have some issues ? Check out this troubleshooting guide that our reader Josh has put together
ISVTo7720.bat Not responding..
1. You are logged in as a guest in zune
2. you did not update to the 4.8 beta included with the download
ISVTo7720.bat Closes the second it is opened
1. You ran with normal privileges
2. you did not move the RCT0RTM folder to the Root of drive
3. (This is how I fixed it) Uninstall both the WinUpdater Tool (Called Windows Phone Engineering Flashing Tool) under Add/Remove. Second uninstall Zune (Beta 4.8 or 4.0). Reinstall by using included exe for Zune, then installing the updatetool (Setup-updateWP-x[64/86]).
ISVTo7720.bat Hangs on restarting phase/Error 801812c1 after run
This was the most common Error listed and had many solutions which seemed to work sporadically.
1. Do what @DavePerman said, and use the pause command so freeze the cmd command until phone reaches flashing phase.
2. Execute ISVTo7720.bat in a standalone CMD instead of through Windows Explorer. Do this by Run(open as Admin)>cmd>cd Mango>cd RCToRTM>ISVTo7720.bat
3. Remove all music from the device to free up 6+ gigs of memory.
4. Have at least 12 gigs of hard drive space on your computer. Some clam they needed 20
5. press the off button on the phone to force the phone into its flashing screen. (some say they pressed the button, some say they held it down until the screen turned off)
5. The most extreme, and last resort for this problem is to reset your phone through its settings menu. You will lose all information on the phone. (remember your contacts and apps are all in the cloud, so they can be recovered. Music/pictures/videos can be re-synced if backed up before hand.)
Error finding files
1. Files not extracted to the root drive
2. RCToRTM/NoDoToRC not relocated to root of drive after extraction
Zune 4.8 beta encountering error when installing.
1. Uninstall existing Zune installation
2. Install Microsoft “cleartype” fonts. (Mainly an XP problem)
3. Make sure you are installing the correct zune architecture version for your phone. x86 = 32 bit and x64 = 64 bit.
Phone will not move past flash screen
1. Remove its connection to the computer
2. Remove and reinsert the battery.
Misc solutions listed on the thread that worked for some
1. Trying more that 5 times
2. downgrading software to No-Do and using the Mango-For-all method to move back up to Beta 1/Beta2.
3. Many were not waiting the 230-300 seconds for the restart.
The restart should take as stated 230-300 seconds, with an additional 15-25 minutes of install time. Many report that it looks frozen at about the half way stage, but don’t be discouraged, it is still going. Also, updating Beta1 could take longer.