You guys might have read the post on android working on HTC devices. Now be_vigilant from xda-dev has putup a cab file for easy installation of Android on the HTC Touch Cruise. Remember that this is just a preRelease buid , so as times goes by and when android gets released we might be able to get a fully working version of android on our devices :)
Features reported to be working are: ( not tested by me personally )
1) Radio was detected and carrier signal acquired.
2) Adding a contact.
3) Calling the contact. ( The call was working through the loud speaker. )
4) Incoming call works. It displayed on screen “incoming call”. ( no ringtone though )
1) Android might disabled the touch screen after a call so you couldnt press on “hang up” on the screen to disconnect the call. You have to scroll through to hang up using the dial pad.
2 ) No ringtone was played on incoming call.
3 ) Calls were routed throughthe loud speaker on polaris ( HTC Touch Cruise )
4) SMS seems to crash the application.
5) hardware keys doesnt respond
Install Instructions :
1) Install to device memory not SD card
2) Once the .cab is installed you can easily update andoid by just dumping the latest image into program files\android directory.