Well now that Mango is about to be released I think many of you would like to know what are the cool new thing on Windows Phone Mango, we have lined up some of the nice new features and have put them on video so its easy for you guys to go through. Today we are going to take a look at how we can create and transfer ringtones to your Windows Phone.
You will need :
- Audacity – Download
- Windows Phone
- USB Cable to sync your Phone with the PC
- PC with Zune
Now that you got all the thing needed , lets get in to it and create our own ringtone. Key Points to note about the Ringtone
- Should be under 1 megabyte (MB) in size
- 39 seconds or shorter
- Supported Format : MP3 or WMA
- Should be DRM free
Here is a step by step break down of what you should do :
- Step 1 : You need an audio editing software , if you already use something that is fine just use what you are familiar with. I use Audacity, its a great software for editing audio and its open source. Download and install it.
- Step 2 : Open up audacity and browse to the file that you want to create as your ringtone. Click on the Selection Tool, click and drag on the portion of the clip that you want to convert to a ringtone. Make sure the clip is under 39 seconds
- Step 3 : Click on Edit >> Trim
- Step 4 : Pick the Time Shift Tool click and drag the sound clip to the left so that the starting point of the clip starts from 0.
- Step 5 : Click on File >> Export. Save it as an mp3
- Step 6 : Fire up Zune make sure you have connected your device to the PC via the USB cable
- Step 7 : Make sure the new mp3 you have created shows up in your collection if you just add it to your collection
- Step 8 : Right Click on that track and click edit, under Genre type in Ringtone, click on ok.
- Step 9 : Right click the track and click on Sync to your-device-name
- Step 10 : The new Ringtone should be on your phone
If you have any issues , post it via the comments and if you like this short tutorial plz share it on Facebook / Twitter.