How to Hard Reset the HTC HD2 and Restore to Factory Settings
Do you need to hard reset the HTC HD2 so it’s back to its factory settings ? Here’s the step by step instructions to get that done:
Plz note that all custom files, pictures, video , music, everything will be DELETED when you Hard Reset the device
Some Essential steps before you Begin :
Charge the device prior to performing the hard reset.
Backup any valuable files or information.
- Turn the phone off
- Press and hold both the volume up and volume down buttons
- Press and release the Power / Hang-up button
- The device will turn on – release the volume buttons when you see the tri-color screen. It flashes for a second or two
- The device will then display a prompt asking you to confirm the reset of the device
- Press the volume up button to continue with the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel.
If the device still boots up, you can perform the same reset using the software on the device. Just tap Start / Settings / Security / Factory Reset and then enter the 4 digit security code – 1234, and the hard reset will begin.