Do you really need the Official Lync 2013 App for Windows Phone ?COMMENT NOW
Microsoft Lync ( some of you might know this as Microsoft Office Communicator) is an instant messaging client that uses Microsoft’s Lync Server or Lync Online available with Microsoft Office 365. Right now it would appear lot of enterprise users are on Lync and home users are on skype.
It is also rumored that Lync-Skype integration is coming in June this year, this will allow Microsoft to get one step closer to a unified home and work solution.
We just got a tip saying the official Lync 2013 app for Windows Phone has just been released. Understandably you need to have a Lync account to use this app. This app brings wireless voice & video support, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling all from your Windows Phone.
Key Features are as follows :
– View colleagues’ availability in real time and select the best way to communicate – initiating an instant message (IM), email, voice or video call.
– Connect to Lync Meetings with a single touch, without requiring long numeric passcodes or conference numbers.
– Forward or simultaneously ring calls to your Enterprise Voice (Lync ID) number so you’ll never miss a call.
– Lync 2013 for Windows Phone provides transport layer security (TLS) and perimeter/internal network protection without requiring a VPN, so your communications experience is safer no matter where you are or what network you use.
Lync 2013 Screenshots
Lync 2013 is a FREE app for Windows Phone
Lync 2013 XAP Download
- 1800PPC Contributor
- This is a test 1800Pocket/PC (1800PPC) account for improving the user experience and also includes articles written by 1800PPC founder and former Editor in Chief Saijo George as well as contributors from 2008 to 2013 such as Yanko Andreev and Cris Rowlands. If you would like to contribute to 1800PPC as a writer, contact Josh Nay
- On March 11, 2013