Can’t Send or Receive MMS on your Dell Venue Pro on AT&T? There is a fix for that! |
Do you have a Dell Venue Pro on the AT&T network? Are you having trouble sending and receiving MMS? If so, there might be a fix for it, and it’s actually quite simple if you know where to go to change a single setting.
This is based on experience and it might not work for everyone. I recently bought an unlocked Dell Venue Pro to use on the AT&T network but MMS hasn’t been working. I have not been able to send or receive MMS messages. I brought it to an AT&T store, they checked their system, nothing is out of the ordinary. I called Dell support, they lead me through some setting changes with no luck. I scoured the web and made a bunch of recommended settings found on different forums to no avail. Finally I stumbled across a post from Mobility Digest with the code to get to the Diagnostic Menu.
Follow the break for detailed steps to enable MMS on the DVP for AT&T.
WARNING: The following steps are done on a DVP with Mango beta 2 refresh, yours might not look exactly the same as the screenshots below, and do it at your own risk.
1. Bring up the dial pad and enter ##634# (This will bring up the diagnostic screen). The last # cannot be seen because it activates the Diagnostic screen
2. Tap on MMS Settings
3. Scroll up (or down, depends on how you look at it) to the MMS Settings section
If the settings are empty, use the following:
Name: ATT MMS (all caps)
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
Username: (leave blank)
Password: (leave blank)
4. Scroll up to the Auth Type, tap CHAP and tap Apply
5. You will get a Success, Setting is Done! message, tap OK
6. Tap the HOME (Window button) and you are done.
If you follow the above steps, you should be able to start sending and receiving MMS messages as I did. If it doesn’t work for you, restart the phone should do the trick.
Let us know below if you have any success following these instructions.