Posts Bykinnikun, Author at 1800PocketPC
NoniView is an image viewer and picture file browser for Windows Mobile. It allows you to navigate directories, preview, crop and view images, and also MMS/email them.
- Email/SMS pics
- Browse directories
It seems Microsoft has updated its Facebook app in Marketplace to 1.1 (formerly 18.104.22.168p). The official Facebook page for Windows Mobile does not list this latest version, but Brendo has provided it on xda developers for those who can’t use Marketplace. It is not clear what changes have been made because everything seems to look the same. Users claim it is more stable, so it could be worth the upgrade.
Twolf has created a simple sinewave synthesizer triggered by an ordinary 12×9 step sequencer. Just click on different bubbles to make sound patterns that repeat over and over. It can be fun to use when you’re bored. It was created to emulate ToneMatrix, which can be played on your computer.
How it works:
- Just click or drag the finger to use.
- Left/right/up/down to clear the screen.
- Enter to exit.
Note: ToneBox needs Flash7 to play.
PPC Configurator manages your SIP inputs for Windows Mobile. Sometimes having too many input methods can slow your device or freeze it, so PPC Configurator can help you hide them. It was created for the HTC Touch HD, but it may work on other devices.
1. Lunar Calendar
2. Auto Lock
3. Reset Button
Panoramic Soft has updated their Twitter app, moTweets, to version 1.4 with new features and bug fixes. See our complete review of the previous version @ BestWindowsMobileApps. They offer a free and full app (small fee).
Version 1.4.0 – Released October 20, 2009:
* New: Email and SMS tweets
* New: Notification system for auto-refresh
* New: Followers button on Post Screen
* Improved auto-refresh engine
* Added 5 minute auto-refresh option
* Improved Selector drawing
* Memory improvements for downloading pictures
* Fixed the tweet text display for long words, now breaks it to a new line
Palringo is an all in one instant messaging solution for Windows Mobile. It supports MSN, AOL, YAHOO, Jabber, ICQ, Good Talk, Facebook, iChat/MobileMe, and Gadu-Gadu.
Changes in 2.0.0:
- Completely new install/uninstall process
- Automatic updates now only notify users that an update is available – downloading is manually approved
- Settings->Display->Group join/leave alerts
- Settings->Display->Contact List (item size) option
- Settings->Display->Tab size option replaces “Large Buttons” option.
- Contact list can now be filtered by service type, so you can effectively have a separate list for Facebook/MSN/Yahoo etc.
- Added private message spam filter for Palringo service
- Edit Profile link from overview screen
- Automatic detail expansion display on reduced contact list items
- Mousewheel support for tab selection
- Optimised list rendering code
- Fixed 32-bit scrolling issue with large lists
- Optimised avatar rendering
- Default filenames for saving images
- Reformatting of photos has been made more reliable
- Miscellaneous other bug fixes and optimisations
TypeNote, created by ronnyh, is a simple application for taking notes, sorted by category. It was made for the HTC Diamond, but it should resize to fit most screen sizes.
* Auto open category (usefull if you often use one category more often than others)
* Hide buttons and title while editing.. gives more space for text.
* Portable application (does not require re-install if folder moved and system re-installed)
* Open files from file explorer(open with), (only if program is not already started)
* If custom folder is used, files from root will be added in “Main” category.
* Animation can be switched on/off
* Warning “note already exist” can be switched on/off
* Place buttons (save, Cancel, Delete) above the keyboard (no need to close keyboard to see the buttons)
tPRO for Slide2Play is the newest addition to the tPRO skin series’ family designed with simplicity and professional styling in mind. Utilizing high resolution graphics it is the next step in bringing one fluid graphical experience to our TouchFLO-driven Windows Mobile devices. This skin supports all resolutions.
Nektra Contact Manager is a finger friendly contact manager specifically designed for busy people who need to manage a huge number of contacts. It’s still a beta and only supports QVGA devices (soon to be more resolutions)
* Finger friendly controls
* List controls provide a smooth scroll
* Contacts can be grouped by Company or by Groups (touching the bottom tab Contacts button you can switch the views)
* Sms list
* Phone calls (touching the bottom tab Calls button you can switch calls views: Incoming, Outgoing, Lost, All)
* Keyboard for contacts fast search (press ‘Undock’ button)
* Favorites can be accessed in iPhone way
* Scroll with the finger or using the right side scrollbar to go to a certain place
* Contact photo display
* Send SMS / MMS to multiple-recipients (select contacts touching them until they are selected and then choose menu option ‘Send SMS / MMS’)
Ajige has created a thread for custom widgets for Androkkid. Androkkid is the popular user interface that acts like Android and Sense UI. The interface itself comes with a few widgets, so users have taken on the role of creating custom user widgets. So far they’ve created a couple weather, battery, Bluetooth and task widgets.
Healthtracker is a Windows Mobile application for keeping track of your daily diet.
* Set weight goal
* Track daily caloric intake
* Track daily intake against US RDA recommended values (based on Age and Gender) for:
– Total Fat (g)
– Sat Fat (g)
– Trans Fat (g)
– Cholesterol (mg)
– Sodium (mg)
– Sugar (g)
– Carbs (g)
– Fiber (g)
– Protein (g)
* Favorites – Quick shortcut to your favorite food items. The more you eat of a certain type of food, the higher it shows up in the list.
* Database of over 7000 foods
* Ability to add custom foods.
BootPackage, created by wajk, replaces your startup screen with a Windows 7 boot screen. It even has sound to imitate booting. This package is only for WVGA and HTC devices. There is a beta for non-HTC phones too, but there could be bugs ( and its currently not working , but you can grab it from the developers site, if you want to play around with it )
- added sound
- added builtin StartupAnimation enabler (REG)
- changed Energy logo
- optimized graphic
- retimed frames
Tom_Hungston has created an app for easily turning off your device’s screen. This idea comes from the notion that you might wear your power button out by using it too much. Thus, this app was created to lower the frequency of button presses. Rather than using the power button to turn the screen on and off, tap on this small application to turn the screen off.
Skiers App is your downhill skiing companion. It displays skiing statistics for you while skiing. Data such as max speed, height difference, distance and max G-force is displayed. Bring Skiers App to the hills and start checking your ski data.
- Maximum G-force
- Speed / maximum speed
- Height / height difference
- Running time
HG-Proton, created by ShaWn.cz, is a 3D touch game that tests your speed. You have to click on the nearest red proton (+) before it reaches the front. Be careful, speed gets higher and a wrong tap decreases your score! Recommended to play in landscape mode, so you can use both thumbs.
Changelog for 0.9:
* HighScores are saved
* Difficulty setup
* New mode: Accept electrons
* G-Sensor and Light can be turned OFF/ON
* Improved graphics
Note: It’s only in beta, future development depends on public feedback so report to the developer if you like it.
Have you ever wanted to use your Windows Mobile device as a nightstand clock? You can use your regular interface, which usually has a clock, but they’re usually too bright to use as a clock on your nightstand. Ather has created Simple Clock, a basic digital clock that is easy on the eyes and acts as a regular, everyday clock. Version 0.3 has support for many colors and resolutions.
Windows Mobile 5/6 & 6.1 (tested on WM 6.1, HTC Wizard)
.NET CF 2.0
Androkkid is a Windows Mobile interface with a lot of customization and a fully graphical design and animations for Windows Mobile 5/6. It’s completely writed in .NET and works fantastically for all resolutions. The latest release has a Hero flavor to it that many users are finding attractive.
Version 0.8.0 – 09/10/2009:
* Created Battery and Signal Widgets
* Created Photo Frame Widget
* Added Hero Theme
* Correct problems with wallpaper slide
* Correct bugs with QVGA resolution and notification icon
* Correct bug when click on icons more sensitive now
* Added option to show balls page in Settings
* When press center button in D-PAD now you go to start page selected
* Redesign the bottom bar like Sense UI of HTC Hero with 2 new buttons, 1 to open menu and 1 to add icon or other objects
* Added Show menu for contact when click on a contact in settings
Phone Creeper, created by Chetstriker, is a utility that lets you spy on another Windows Mobile device. Once it’s installed on a different device, you have the power to control many different commands. It’s brought to our attention just how powerful, yet vulnerable our devices can be. To put a positive spin on it, you could also put this on your own device if you’re worried about losing or getting it stolen.
Some features (see dev’s site for full features):
- Retrieve call history/log
- Receive call log
- Turn on Ringer (and loud)
- Lock device
- Receive live SMS notifications
- Run a program
- Add/remove call blocking
- Get/delete contact
- Get/delete appointments/tasks
- Get/delete SMS
- Wipe storage card
- Get GPS Location
Not many of us have official Windows Mobile 6.5 ROMs, so emse_186 has created animated Windows Phone splash screens for everyone to use on their mobile devices. You can get it in two shades of colors, blue and orange, and they come with sound. Available in WVGA/VGA/WQVGA/QVGA. It’s easy to install with a cab file.
Note: this works for phones with HTC splash screens.